Charlotte Art League (CAL) has working artist studios available for rent. Studios are based on an open concept. During Gallery Hours the public is invited to tour the gallery and studios, meet with artists and purchase artwork. Studio artists have 24 hour access to work on their own schedule. Studios vary in size from one quarter, to one-half, to a full studio. Artists are expected to use their studios for the purpose of producing art. Generally accepted studio media are fine arts: painting, drawing, sculpting, printmaking and mixed media. There is no jurying of work based on ability, but applicants are subject to CAL approval.
CAL offers wall display for rent in panels 4 ft wide by 8ft tall. Most 2-d media may be exhibited at CAL (see list above) including photography, with some space for 3-d sculpture and pottery.
In both the studio and wall rentals, artists must price work available for sale to the general public. CAL retains a commission from work sold by our Hosts. Work sold by the artist in attendance does not pay a commission.
Artist’s benefits include:
- Host on duty to sell your work during our Gallery Hours and Gallery Crawls
- CAL publicity
- Link to your email and personal website from CAL website
- Use of CAL mat cutter and shrink wrap (small fee for shrink wrap)
- Discounted rental fees on the gallery and classroom
- Future benefit will be a personal page on our website.
Fri 1-8 pm
For more information, contact Cindy Connelly, Rental Agent